Located in Albuquerque's South Valley, this residence was originally constructed in the mid 1950's. The original 950 s.f. footprint was in need of expansion to generate a more functional space for the Clients to entertain and enjoy raising a family. The Clients have owned the house for many years and were very interested in renovating and adding onto the existing structure so they could remain in the area of town they have grown attached to over the years. The site is located just west of the Rio Grande River Valley, a location which is rich with fully matured cottonwood trees and natural wildlife.